Stephen Hawking, the brightest star in the firmament of science. His insights shaped modern cosmology and inspired a global audience. A man who changed the world. Stephen makes this better place. Perhaps the weakest man on this planet because of his disease. But surely one of the strongest mind that this world has ever seen.
This is our way to say, THANK YOU!
- Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.
- However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.
- People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.
- Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
- Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
- The past, like the future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.
- Science is not only a disciple of reason but, also, one of romance and passion.
- Work gives you meaning and purpose and life are empty without it.
- We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain.
- People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.
- There is no unique picture of reality.
- I was never top of the class at school, but my classmates must have seen potential in me because my nickname was ‘Einstein.’
- Women. They are a complete mystery.
- Scientists have become the bearers of the torch of discovery in our quest for knowledge.
- There could be shadow galaxies, shadow stars, and even shadow people.
- We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
- We are all different. There is no such thing as a standard or run-of-the-mill human being, but we share the same human spirit.
My personal favorite
Are you reaaaaaady?
The radiation left over from the Big Bang is the same as that in your microwave oven but very much less powerful. It would heat your pizza only to minus 271.3*C – not much good for defrosting the pizza, let alone cooking it.
Thank you for your attention.